[+1] Clan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plus One Clan Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Tactics

Go down 
+3
Humester
Zhija
M4-Flyer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
M4-Flyer
Captain
Captain
M4-Flyer

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-05-24

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:56 am

This is from Jason's postings and stuff (http://edseek.com/archives/2005/10/30/battlefield-2-tips/)

General Tactics

To be an effective player in general, there are a variety of things you can do.

Always spot. Spotting is one of the most effective tasks you can perform. By spotting, you make an enemy soldier, vehicle, or air asset appear on the mini map for other players. Such information is invaluable. If you have to choose between spotting and shooting a soldier to stay alive, own the soldier. If it’s an armor asset, vehicle, or air asset, spot away, and especially if you’re caught and about to get killed anyway.

Do not fire a support weapon while in a vehicle unless you are being fired upon. Firing support weapons on APCs, armor, helicopters, boats, and so fourth only gives away your position by muzzle flash and by sound. When trying to land on the Wake Island map, for example, it’s silly to give away your position and allow your boat to be destroyed before you even reach shore. Of course, feel free to fire if an Antitank soldier is about to fire upon your vehicle, for example, but firing off randomly into the air is generally a bad idea.

Don’t leave vehicles idle. Often on maps I find idle vehicles, even sometimes armor and APCs. Given that such vehicles can easily provide a five or ten to one kill ratio, it’s best to employ such assets to your teams advantage if you’re a skilled driver. Of course, if you’re not, train on an empty server some first so you don’t put the asset to waste. If you’re having trouble taking down soldiers with armor, you need to train on for a bit first.

Watch the map for disappearing vehicles, jets, helicopters, armor, and APCs. On your mini map, you will notice grey assets are not currently in possession by your teammates. Red, obviously, are assets being driven by your opposition. Various other colors coincide with your teammates using said assets. In either case, the key is when an idle vehicle disappears. When that happens, an enemy has just jumped into a stationary asset and drove or flew off with it. You can use such information to determine where your enemy is and whether a flag is defended or not even if your commander has not played a UAV in orbit of your objective.

Do not throw down Medic health bags or Support ammo bags when you are trying to covertly capture a flag. Bags are side neutral and the enemy can see your bags. Where ammo and health bags are, generally players can be found as well. Don’t give your position away unless necessary. You can, however, switch to the ammo bag or medic bag respectively and hold it near friendly teammates to resupply and heal your teammates without giving away your position. Do this.

Revive your Squad Leader. Each Squad Leader is a mobile spawn point, as long as at least one objective remains in your team’s hands. You should revive Squad Leaders at all costs when possible. If you are not a Medic, but either your Squad Leader is or one has died nearby, pickup the closest Medic kit and revive your Squad Leader!

Don’t sit in a Stinger. Active ground to air stations are visible to air assets. You are simply placing a large bullseye on yourself. Instead, man the station and pan the view to where you expect your target to appear, then unman the station. If you lined up correctly, you can target the air asset as it leaves, from behind. Firing missiles off wildly has little effect. Instead, you must wait for full lock on to occur. When engaging an enemy helicopter, wait until its guns are pointed away before manning the Stinger again. If you don’t score a kill, unman the station. The missiles will reload even when it’s unmanned. Then, jump in again and fire away.

Don’t fire needlessly. When you fire at nothing, your muzzle flash can give away your precise location for a sniper to pick you off. Especially on maps like Karkand, just because you can’t see anyone in the dust doesn’t mean a sniper isn’t waiting for you to open up with your support weapon.
Back to top Go down
Zhija
Admin
Admin
Zhija

Number of posts : 119

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:59 am

Good work on finding that, it's always good to have people operating efficiently
I hate it when a squad leader hangs back, but doesn't spot people they see, makes it harder on the squad xD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.plusone.co.nr
Humester

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-05-25

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:31 pm

am i allowed to add more to that?

- When come across an enemy DO NOT PRONE, you should crouch. Most nubs prones which open their head up to shooting.
Also when they prone you can jump over them and shoot them from behind as turning while prone is slow. Proning is better in some circumstances but not at
close range, i.e support at long range.

- Where to aim:
1 head shots they do TRIPLE DAMAGE,
2 Legs, Unarmoured torsos (Enginner, medic ,sniper, spec ops) they do normal damage)
3 Armoured torso this doe 17% Less damage

- Anti Tank should aim for the front treads or rear treads of tanks as that will get a 2 shot kill

- When aiming with sniper rifle let the sights settle on the target before aiming this increases accuracy

- Make sure claymores point the right way because they always explode at the front
Back to top Go down
!ndianfury
!ndianfury

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:14 am

Also, If your playing on MEDIUM or HIGH graphics. Make sure you turn of anti aliasing and also shadows and dynamic lighting. If you haven't already try it. See what difference it makes. It generally just becomes easier to see enemies especially MEC, on maps such as karkand and Jalalabad. Its real had to see, with shadows and dynamic lighting.
Back to top Go down
M4-Flyer
Captain
Captain
M4-Flyer

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:19 am

Good tips guys keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
ninjalemon06
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 33

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:31 am

When you are playing inf. only like Karkarnd and you see someone with a anti tank kit, DO NOT lie down it makes you icredibly easy to kill. This may have been mentioned before
Back to top Go down
M4-Flyer
Captain
Captain
M4-Flyer

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:14 am

ahh gosh i hate those ATs lol
Back to top Go down
kill_harry_NZ
kill_harry_NZ

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-30

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:54 pm

mmm yes their ANTI TANK ROCKETS NOT ANIT PERRSONAL ROCKETS

and i tend to like to play on low grahics when scriming because if your graphics are on low it takes away shadows, which you may shoot at and give away your position..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com
TripN
TripN

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-27

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Tactic of the day   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 am

Tactic of the day

#1 Kill all enemy and destroy all commander assets before they kills yours and Zat is all Razz

Back to top Go down
Humester

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:33 am

VERY NICE!!!

Delutional is a pretty good pilot and a pretty good I/O player too.
Back to top Go down
TripN
TripN

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

yea D is prob the best pilot mk has so when can we get a friendly scrimm goin ?
Back to top Go down
Humester

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 am

Sometime around friday probally
Back to top Go down
Zhija
Admin
Admin
Zhija

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Fridays no good for Lemon or Buuza so maybe another time, or when they can get a day off or something.
Back to top Go down
TripN
TripN

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 am

well we generally have praccy on sunday nights but if you wanted we could have a friendly early sunday afternoon say 3 pm nz time or 4 pm
Back to top Go down
Zhija
Admin
Admin
Zhija

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 am

Sunday afternoons arent god for me except on the first sunday of the month xD. Iono we'll sort it out after. For now, POST MORE GAME TACTICS! Arrow Arrow Arrow
Back to top Go down
kill_harry_NZ
kill_harry_NZ

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-30

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:59 am

what a bout on Saturday or are to many people workin scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com
Zhija
Admin
Admin
Zhija

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:17 am

I'm pretty good for everyday except sundays or mondays.
Back to top Go down
M4-Flyer
Captain
Captain
M4-Flyer

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 am

YES that was the purpose of this thread. lol.

but yeah we would be interested in a friendly with you guys.

How about a saturday afternoon?
Back to top Go down
TripN
TripN

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 am

Tactic of the day

#2 Make sure your mouse is plugged in so you can aim at people once this is done Do not leave any men women behind revive all team mates even if this means your squad getting totally wiped out

pps saturday afternoon good masstuur city ill book the sever friday night and post the details in here 10 v 10
Back to top Go down
Zhija
Admin
Admin
Zhija

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 am

Lol, those r some good tactics there Trip. I should give you your own forum to put them up in xD. Wouldn't be too hard actually...
Back to top Go down
TripN
TripN

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 am

you need to make your forums pretty alien

Last edited by TripN on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Humester

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 am

Honestly, i have had my mouse fall out before.

Tactic

DO NOT PLAY USING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD IT SUCKS (I know this from experience)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Tactics   General Tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[+1] Clan Forums :: Public :: Battlefield 2-
Jump to: